FLEXIBLE SPENDING & DEPENDENT CARE
What is Flexible Spending Accounts?
Flexible spending accounts are tax-advantaged financial accounts that allow you to set aside a portion of your earnings to pay for qualified expenses. You can use the tax-free money to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care expenses.
Medical FSA: For you and your eligible dependents' healthcare expenses.
Dependent Care FSA: For your dependents' eligible daycare, after-school care, or adult daycare.
• Plan year is from January 1- December 31 and employees must re-elect each year
• Only family status changes will allow you to change your annual election. The altered election must be consistent
with the status change.
• Married and not filing jointly participants limited to $2,500 deferral for Dependent Care
• Transfer of funds between the Dependent Care and Medical Care accounts are prohibited
• For a full list of eligible Flexible Spending Account expenses, please go to